Sunday, June 29, 2008

Car Door Detailed

I went over to Jake's house to do my work with him and his team. Apparently, he needed a software from me to do his work and he asked me to stay there and do my work with him.

So while Jake and his team members were discussing their project, I flared up my Maya and started working on the door more. It just keeps getting worse. The edge flow got a little messed up, and there were more dents on the car. I had to think of a way to create the curves and edges of the car door. Thus I extruded a few faces and modified the verts to get them into place.









I have a feeling the headlights need a bit of work too. I plan to achieve a photorealistic car at the end of the day. That's my goal. With proper HDRI studio set up lighting and reflective car paint. I plan to use Mental Ray to render this car and hopefully I can composite it on a live action plate. Anyway, here is the actual reference and my model side by side.




I'm pretty excited to start on the interior modeling of the car. All the tiny details. I think it would really add to the photorealism. Oh well, it's my first major personal project. Really excited over the whole thing =)

Next block starting tomorrow, so won't have much time to do my car. But would try to do as much as I can. Hopefully, I don't give it up and abandon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment