Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shading Grapes using Subsurface Scattering

I made a shader for the grapes. Done procedurally with subsurface scattering.



To see the subsurface scattering in effect, I placed two spotlights, one at the back and one at the front of the bunch of grapes. It took me quite some time to get the look right as this is my first time doing subsurface scattering. But in the end, this result satisfied me for the time being. Here's the shading network:



And here's the scene update with the rest of the fruits and backdrop with the same lighting set-up of one spot and one HDRI dome:



Now that I've gotten the shader of the grapes somewhat there, I think I would be more confident on handling the shader for the cherry. A lot of the objects in this scene would be procedurally shaded, hence I was thinking if it would be a good idea to shade everything procedurally, including the bananas and highlight that on my reel.

More later. Feedback and critiques are welcome. Do email them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment