Friday, March 6, 2009

Norman Georgio - 3D Character Model Complete



So I finally finished my Norman character, complete with textures and an almost fully functional rig. I spent a lot of time rigging this guy, and I managed to finish all of it except his head. I did create tongue controls by figuring out which constraints to use and by a couple of set driven keys. I did not have time to do the paint weights properly, as submission was extremely near. So here are a few snaps of my dear Norman :)



Complete Norman model



Norman rig and controls



Pose Test



Pose Test

I was trying out a few blendshapes for facial animation. Just when I thought I was going on the right track, I realised that I had rigged the head in the wrong order, thus I had to delete all my blendshapes and re-do them:



Wrong set of blendshapes



Norman Head Close-up



Norman Facial Test

Here's a short animation I did on Norman walking. I did this is roughly two hours. It's not complete yet though.



When I get more time, I'll complete this properly with animation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment