Saturday, October 11, 2008

Crater

I went to take some footage near my house. I wanted to create a meteor crashing on a road. I saw this tutorial done by Andrew Kramer from Video Copilot and I was very inspired. He created it using 3ds max, and I decided to challenge myself my doing it in Maya instead.

So currently, I am still at the very beginning phase. I tracked the footage in bojou - apparently I have to re-track it because it wasn't tracked properly for some reason. I created the crater in Maya, textured it with a photograph of asphalt I took and rendered it without lighting it. I took it into Fusion and tried to composite one frame and see how it matches up with the background footage - and this is where I realised that I have to re-track the footage and make adjustments to my crater geometry. For now, I painted out unnecessary stuff and made the final scene. Of course it's not complete.


Raw footage


Crater created in Maya


Final composite created in Fusion


No comments:

Post a Comment