Saturday, September 6, 2008

Nuke

Okay, nothing new about my works so far. I've done something for my school project. Wish I could post it up here, but I can't as yet. Have to go through some paperwork first.

But anyway, I read a lot about Digital Domain's in-house compositing software, Nuke. There were a lot of debates on whether which one is a better choice when compared to Fusion. Well, I decided to give it a try on my own without consulting any kind of tutorial:



My take on it - the workflow is almost the same as Fusion when it comes to basic CG multipass compositing. Simple mathematical operators and a few merges and there you have your composite. I used the same old files to try this composite and I did a bit of colour correction. Well, this was the tough part. The colour correcting nodes are so complicated, that I couldn't quite understand. For now, I would still stick to Fusion because I'm starting to get very familiar with it. But I would still learn Nuke since it's industry standard.

Well, that's my take on it. Very short post. More later =)

No comments:

Post a Comment